By using the website, you accept and agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, please refrain from using the website.
This website is operated by the NCSC, which is mandated by the Catholic Trust for England and Wales (the “NCSC” or “CATEW” or “we” or “us”). These terms govern your use of this website including your use of any materials, information and services which may be made available to you from this website.
We may amend these terms at any time by posting such changes on the website. It is your responsibility to familiarise yourself with these terms and ensure that you are aware of any changes. Your continued use of this website following the posting of any such changes will constitute your acceptance of the revised terms.
We have used all reasonable care and skill in collating, creating and publishing the information on this website but we make no guarantee or warranty as to the accuracy of this information or that this information will meet individual requirements.
This website is provided for information and guidance only.
Whilst this website and the materials published or posted on this website are available to be accessed anywhere in the world, we make no guarantee, promise or representation that any information, guidance or service provided from this website is suitable for use in any country outside the United Kingdom. Users who access this website from locations outside the United Kingdom do so at their own risk.
You acknowledge and agree that we will not be liable to you or any person for any claims, losses or damages (whether direct, indirect or consequential) that may arise from your use of this website or any materials or information published on this website, except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
To the extent permitted by law, we expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
This disclaimer, together with these terms shall be governed by English law. You agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales in respect of any disputes which may arise in connection with this website.
2. Access to the website
Access to this website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw, amend or restrict access to any part of this website without notice. We shall not be liable if for any reason this website, or any other site to which it links, is not available for any reason.
This website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided for convenience only and, to the fullest extent permitted by law, we do not accept any responsibility for these websites, nor for any materials or information available from those sites.
You may create hypertext link to this website (“Link”) provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal, does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. When creating a Link you must comply with the following conditions:
- you will not create or use the Link for any unlawful or fraudulent purposes;
- you will not copy or use any trade marks, logos or other proprietary marks contained within this website to create a Link; and
- you will not establish a Link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on the part of the NCSC or CATEW where none exists.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice and we do not guarantee continued operation of this website in its current form and specific page URL’s may change at any time without notice.
4. Rights and use of the website
CATEW and our licensors retain all rights, title and interest in and to this website and the information and materials published or posted on this site. These works are protected by intellectual property rights and your use is strictly restricted as set out in these terms.
You may access and print or download extracts of information and materials contained on this website (“Materials”) for your own personal reference or for other genuine purposes connected with the Church and/or charitable causes, but you may not (and shall not allow others to):
- use the Materials for any business-related purposes whatsoever;
- sell, transfer, sub-licence, distribute, reproduce, modify, alter or create derivative works from the Materials; or
- remove or alter any proprietary notices from or embedded within the Materials.
You shall not (nor allow others to):
- breach or attempt to breach the security of this website;
- modify, decompile, reverse engineer, decrypt, circumvent or otherwise interfere with or alter this website, any software or code that forms part of this website or any of the Materials;
- use this website in any way which may cause the website or access to the website to be interrupted, damaged or impaired; or
- use this website to knowingly transmit any data, or send or upload any material that contains viruses, trojans, worms, logic-bombs or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
The trade marks, graphics and logos used on or in connection with this website belong to CATEW and our licensors. You are granted no rights to use such marks and any unauthorised use is strictly prohibited.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms are reserved to CATEW and our licensors.
6. Interactive Services
We may from time to time provide interactive services on the website, including, without limitation chat rooms, bulletin boards, social media and/or blogs (together “Interactive Services”).
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any of the Interactive Services on the website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from your use of such service, whether the service is moderated or not. We reserve the right to delete, take-down or suspend access to any content transmitted to or published via the Interactive Services at any time.
You must be over the age of 18 to access and use our Interactive Services.
You may only use the Interactive Services for lawful purposes. You may not use such services to transmit or publish any content which:
- is malicious, defamatory, obscene, racist, discriminatory or designed to offend or to cause annoyance or harassment;
- is illegal, abusive, threatening, indecent, pornographic or menacing;
- promotes sexually explicit material, violence or illegal activity of any kind;
- infringes third party’s intellectual property rights or confidence or privacy rights;
- consists of political announcements, commercial solicitation or advertising, chain letters, mass mailings or spam; or
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of this website or any computer software or hardware.
When using the Interactive Services or dealing with this website you may not use a false email address, impersonate any other person or entity or mislead the website or other users as to the origin of any electronic communications or content.
All material which you contribute to the website through the Interactive Services must be accurate (where they state facts) or genuinely held (where they state opinions).
You acknowledge and agree that any material you submit or contribute to the website may be used, published, copied, distributed and disclosed to third parties by or on behalf of the NCSC or CATEW. All content submitted to us via this website will be subject to the Content Submission Terms and Conditions.
We cannot guarantee that any material you contribute to the website will be secure or free from interception from third parties.
We will endeavour to remove any content available through the Interactive Services which causes or is likely to cause offence as soon as reasonably practical after we have been made aware of this. If you wish to make a complaint with regard to any content, please contact the Chair of the NCSC.
7. Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of the website. In the event of any suspected breach, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
If any of these terms are found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the other terms which shall remain in full force and effect.
If any of these terms are found to be invalid or unenforceable but would cease to be invalid or unenforceable if some part of the provision were deleted, the provision in question shall apply with such modification as may be necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
We may revise these terms at any time by amending the website. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the website.
10. Entire agreement
Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
If you require any further information, please contact the Chair of the NCSC, 39 Eccleston Square, London SW1V 1BX.
Thank you for visiting our website.